Today I want to share some great ideas on how to create accent walls. You can read this article at the handyfamilyman.
Accent walls are back in a big way, and they are better than ever. By blending color, texture, and tone, you can create an epic space that becomes the centerpiece of any room. Here are some of the best accent wall ideas for your home.
Create With Paint
Sure, you could just slap one bold color on an accent wall and call it a day—but why would you when there’s so much more you can do with paint? Stripes, circles, chevrons or herringbone are all on-point style choices. All you need to create an amazing accent wall is paint, painter’s tape, a pencil and a level.
Work With What You’ve Got
Before deciding what should be your accent wall, look at the architectural elements of your home. If you’ve got a fireplace, you already have an accent wall. All you need to do is dress it up. Color, paneling, stonework or built-in bookcases are all great ways to draw attention to an existing focal point.
Feature Wall Ideas for Living Room: Display Your Snaps
Say hello to all those photos you’ve been storing on your hard drive or phone. A photo collage wall is a perfect way to share and relive your cherished memories while creating an enviable accent wall. To keep your collage from looking dated, choose two or three colors of frames that complement each other and mix texture and size. Lay your frames out on the floor and arrange until you’re happy, then replicate the arrangement on the wall.
Yup, you read that right. Fabric can make a fresh and funky accent wall for a reasonable price. Simply pick a selection of coordinating fabrics and wrap them around sturdy cardboard or very thin wood or plastic squares. Affix the squares to the wall in a pleasing pattern with double-sided mounting tape.
Add Warmth With Wood
From sleek to rustic, wood is a perfect accent wall material because it instantly warms up any space. Be sure to paint the remaining walls in your room a color that carries the same undertone as the wood for a unified look.
- Painters Bantry Bay, Painters Bellville, Painters Bishops Court, Painters Brackenfell
- Painters Bloubergstrand, Painters Cape Town, Painters Camps Bay, Painters Claremont
- Painters Clifton, Painters Constantia, Painters Durbanville, Painters False Bay
- Painters Fish Hoek, Painters Franschhoek, Painters Fresnaye, Painters Gardens
- Painters Green Point, Painters Higgovale, Painters Hout Bay, Painters Kalk Bay
- Painters Kanonberg, Painters Kenilworth, Painters Kuils River, Painters Kommetjie
- Painters La Rochelle, Painters Loevenstein, Painters Llandudno, Painters Melkbosstrand
- Painters Milnerton, Painters Mouille Point, Painters Muizenberg, Painters Newlands
- Painters Noordhoek, Painters Cape Town Northern Suburbs, Painters Oranjezicht
- Painters Oude Westhof, Painters Paarl, Painters Pinelands, Painters Plattekloof
- Painters Plumstead, Painters Protea Valley, Painters Rondebosch, Painters Rosendal
- Painters Sea Point, Painters Simons Town, Painters Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Painters Table View, Painters Tamboerskloof, Painters Three Anchor Bay, Painters Tokai
- Painters Tyger Waterfront, Painters Val de Vie Estate, Painters Van Riebeeckshof
- Painters Vredehoek, Painters V&A Waterfront, Painters Vygeboom