Whether you’re painting your home’s interior or exterior, our tips for what to look for in paint products, and how to save time and money, will help you paint any surface successfully.
When it comes to redecorating interior walls, not all paints are created equal. There are so many types of paint, and knowing what paint to choose for the job can save you time, money, and frustration.
When it comes to painting interior walls, you can save yourself a lot of effort by choosing a dual-purpose paint that includes both primer and paint. Interior latex paints that include primer, cover walls in one coat, which eliminates the need for multiple layers of paint. Whether painting a dark accent wall white or making a slight colour change to your interior walls, paints that include primer give better coverage than traditional latex paints, and you will save yourself time and money since less paint is needed.
If you’re painting a bathroom or room that is prone to high humidity, like a sun room, look for specialty interior paints, that are made for high-moisture areas of the home to help reduce the possibility of peeling and staining or getting mouldy over time.
We are also present in the following areas if you need more information on choosing the right paints.
- Painters Bantry Bay, Painters Bellville, Painters Bishops Court, Painters Brackenfell
- Painters Bloubergstrand, Painters Cape Town, Painters Camps Bay, Painters Claremont
- Painters Clifton, Painters Constantia, Painters Durbanville, Painters False Bay
- Painters Fish Hoek, Painters Franschhoek, Painters Fresnaye, Painters Gardens
- Painters Green Point, Painters Higgovale, Painters Hout Bay, Painters Kalk Bay
- Painters Kanonberg, Painters Kenilworth, Painters Kuils River, Painters Kommetjie
- Painters La Rochelle, Painters Loevenstein, Painters Llandudno, Painters Melkbosstrand
- Painters Milnerton, Painters Mouille Point, Painters Muizenberg, Painters Newlands
- Painters Noordhoek, Painters Cape Town Northern Suburbs, Painters Oranjezicht
- Painters Oude Westhof, Painters Paarl, Painters Pinelands, Painters Plattekloof
- Painters Plumstead, Painters Protea Valley, Painters Rondebosch, Painters Rosendal
- Painters Sea Point, Painters Simons Town, Painters Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Painters Table View, Painters Tamboerskloof, Painters Three Anchor Bay, Painters Tokai
- Painters Tyger Waterfront, Painters Val de Vie Estate, Painters Van Riebeeckshof
- Painters Vredehoek, Painters V&A Waterfront, Painters Vygeboom, Painters Welgedacht
- Painters Welgemoed, Painters Wynberg
- Many other surrounding areas
Painting Interior Trim
If you’re thinking about painting the interior trim in your home anytime soon, the key for choosing the right paint is finding one that is not only highly durable but also has a beautiful smooth finish. It’s important to choose carefully when it comes to paint products for high-traffic areas in the home, including interior trimwork, doors, and cabinets, which receive the most daily wear and also happen to be the most visible areas.
Water- or oil-base enamel paints are formulated specifically for these high traffic areas and are dual-purpose when it comes to durability and finish. Many enamel paints contain self-leveling additives that help to ensure the paint will spread evenly and reduce brush marks. Enamel paints do not require a top coat, as these paints are formulated specifically to give a highly durable and strong finish.
With so many varieties of exterior paints on the market, it can be overwhelming to know what paint will do the best job and hold up to a wide range of weather conditions for years to come. The most durable exterior paints with the greatest staying power have formulations that include UV protection, resistance to mold and mildew, and resistance to chipping, flaking, and cracking.
Seeking out an exterior paint that checks all the boxes when it comes to durability is the best way to ensure that you will find the right paint for your home’s exterior. Exterior Paint and Primer does an excellent job of covering an exterior surface in one coat, and the paint includes UV protection technology, resistance to chipping, flaking, and cracking, and a coating resistant to mold, mildew, and algae.